Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Mommy blog- No Shoes for Baby Jet... just yet

A good read to change my mind on shoe shopping for Jet... just yet. Baby shoes are so adorable, but according to this article, it is best to hold off until the little one is ready to take their first steps. Meanwhile, there will be no baby converse for Jet :(

My son turned 7 months this week. He's a quick mobile learner and extremely active. He mastered crawling, sitting and standing (with furniture assistance) before 6 months, so I'm anticipating him to stand hands-free pretty soon, and to walk in no time. I wish everything in the house was soft and edge-free AKA baby friendly, but this is not 100% possible. He spends most of the time indoors, on the carpet, but my little explorer likes to take advantage of his superpower and crawl all over the place.

He owns one pair of chucks, which are a little loose on him anyways so they're just sitting on the shelves now. The reason I wanted him to wear shoes was to complete his outfit-- looking put together. Okay, I admit, and they're just simply adorable! Then I figured that he doesn't need them now since he spends most of his time in the house and he doesn't need to look **put together**... he's just a baby! Plus, the article I read helped me finalize my decision.

In the meantime, I am shopping for toys that will keep a baby busy/ amused for a longer period of time. My boy would rather play with my phone and the furniture AND everything that I say no to. He does not seem into his toys at all, no matter how colorful they are and what melody they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment