But this is not working for me today T_T
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
No, that's not where I place my coffee; I set it there for photo purpose only.
So, back to coffee.....
I have no problem going weeks without it, and when I do, I experience healthy changes. My skin is whiter and my teeth is brighter! So what's the problem? I'm trying to develop the habit of consuming fruits and veggies, but I constantly find myself in the game of hide and seek. Worse yet, chewing an apple gives my teeth shivers and my body chills. Hence why I hate hearing "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Milk is also not a part of my daily nutrition. Sure, I can't handle coffee without several cups of milk, but it's just not the same. Even chocolate milk is a better choice. I have no problem being a carnivore though-- although I'm a picky eater, I know how I want my meat cooked/prepared. However, a risk-free diet shall be a combination of protein and fiber. In order to construct a reliable, fit body, I need to change my lifestyle first. Merely eating will not do the magic-- your lifestyle (outside of food) does impact what, when and how you eat.
Start smoothly, and slowly build up and improve, all else will follow...
1) Do not procrastinate. When I wait till the last second to do my assignment, I stress out and lose much sleep.
2) Wake up an hour earlier. I usually rise at 8, but that extra hour will allow enough time to get some exercise done-- ie. walk my dog or 20 minutes of yoga
3) Always eat a healthy breakfast. Whether it's home-prepared or dine-out, have adequate fiber.
4) Carry snacks to work. Nothing equivalent to lays or cheetos, but nothing dull like caesar salad and plain apple. But more like fruit & nut granola bars, hard- boiled eggs, home-made fruit parfait, more TBD.
5) Reduce online shopping. Some of us use the internet to watch movies, but I waste my time shopping on there. It's getting easier and easier! You get access to almost everything in one screen! With the internet and my laptop, I can shop while in my pajamas, at work, in class (when electronics are allowed) and even on the toilet. This act is harmful to my eyes, however. Why should I spend hours sitting tightly in front of the screen when I can just drive down to the mall? Not to mention the walks I receive too. While on this subject, let me throw in that I should stay at least 2 feet away from the screen.
These are my aims for now. Like I said, all else will follow. Time to get myself a bottle of water...
Sunday, March 3, 2013
Friday, March 1, 2013
Skinny Mocha with 5 pumps syrup and 1.5 shots. It tasted no worse than dark chocolate with a pinch of coffee... potty time. I usually stick with their frappuccinos, which never turn out wrong in my opinion. The contraries always turn out too strong or too sweet, and other times, bitter, unless I suggest modifications... typical western tastes.