Tuesday, December 17, 2013
I'm finally starting to like and drink my hot water... Just pure plain-oh h2o. It replaced my coffee and tea. I had too much coffee (decaf) and tea this month. That caramel brûlée from Starbucks and black/green milk tea. Why? I drink them because they taste good, that's it. I'm still more of a tea than coffee person though, but I'm trying to reduce as much caffeine as possible for a period of time. Coffee just darkens my teeth and skin if I consume it too much. This means maybe 2 cups a month would be considered the safe-zone.
Monday, December 2, 2013
Because you can't say no to food...
Can't say no to random freebies :)
Chicken Pesto (?)
Random Dessert Place
Buffalo Wild Wings
Garlic Parmesan & Buffalo Flavored
Spicy Beef Ramen
Random Chinese Restaurant
Spicy Beef Stew Noodle
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Go sleep in mommy's room. Or maybe it's just me...
In life, we gain some, and we loose some.
Sometimes when you love someone, the best thing to do and the best for them is to let them go.
You will miss them, but the happiness that they will receive supersedes your pain.
In the end, your last wish is for that person to be happy and to succeed in everything they do.
And that's what matters.
Words to myself
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Mochi Ice Cream- Green Tea, Strawberry and Red Bean Flavors
Aloe Vera Juice
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Friday, April 12, 2013
First of all, when using any kind of makeup, I prefer and keep it minimal. I don't like the overdone look. I normally use eye liner, but sometimes I like to add a little pop to the cheek bones and volume to the lashes. This post will focus on my 'will buy again' mascara.
I have purchased and tried brands like MAC, Tarte, Maybelline, Dior, etc, but I find this one to meet my expectations more than the extrinsic, or maybe I just started paying attention? I'm not a makeup guru, but I know what I want :) Here's my mini review on a sample Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes mascara in the color [01 SO BLACK!], and of course I will purchase the full size.
1) Easy to apply
2) Quick dry
3) CURLS! No need for lash curler
to enhance it
4) Easy to clean
5) Not too black/overdone, but still gives my lashes that 'sexy' feeling
6) Classy packaging!
1) It smears after several hours, but I easily wipe it off with a wet cloth.
2) NOT waterproof... perhaps that's why it's a piece of cake to clean.
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
No, that's not where I place my coffee; I set it there for photo purpose only.
So, back to coffee.....
I have no problem going weeks without it, and when I do, I experience healthy changes. My skin is whiter and my teeth is brighter! So what's the problem? I'm trying to develop the habit of consuming fruits and veggies, but I constantly find myself in the game of hide and seek. Worse yet, chewing an apple gives my teeth shivers and my body chills. Hence why I hate hearing "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Milk is also not a part of my daily nutrition. Sure, I can't handle coffee without several cups of milk, but it's just not the same. Even chocolate milk is a better choice. I have no problem being a carnivore though-- although I'm a picky eater, I know how I want my meat cooked/prepared. However, a risk-free diet shall be a combination of protein and fiber. In order to construct a reliable, fit body, I need to change my lifestyle first. Merely eating will not do the magic-- your lifestyle (outside of food) does impact what, when and how you eat.
Start smoothly, and slowly build up and improve, all else will follow...
1) Do not procrastinate. When I wait till the last second to do my assignment, I stress out and lose much sleep.
2) Wake up an hour earlier. I usually rise at 8, but that extra hour will allow enough time to get some exercise done-- ie. walk my dog or 20 minutes of yoga
3) Always eat a healthy breakfast. Whether it's home-prepared or dine-out, have adequate fiber.
4) Carry snacks to work. Nothing equivalent to lays or cheetos, but nothing dull like caesar salad and plain apple. But more like fruit & nut granola bars, hard- boiled eggs, home-made fruit parfait, more TBD.
5) Reduce online shopping. Some of us use the internet to watch movies, but I waste my time shopping on there. It's getting easier and easier! You get access to almost everything in one screen! With the internet and my laptop, I can shop while in my pajamas, at work, in class (when electronics are allowed) and even on the toilet. This act is harmful to my eyes, however. Why should I spend hours sitting tightly in front of the screen when I can just drive down to the mall? Not to mention the walks I receive too. While on this subject, let me throw in that I should stay at least 2 feet away from the screen.
These are my aims for now. Like I said, all else will follow. Time to get myself a bottle of water...
Sunday, March 3, 2013
Friday, March 1, 2013
Skinny Mocha with 5 pumps syrup and 1.5 shots. It tasted no worse than dark chocolate with a pinch of coffee... potty time. I usually stick with their frappuccinos, which never turn out wrong in my opinion. The contraries always turn out too strong or too sweet, and other times, bitter, unless I suggest modifications... typical western tastes.